Nov 8, 2010

Essay 2-02b: My 4 languages

Learning languages is learning culture of those countries. How many languages have you learned? I have learned 4 languages by now. I like to learn languages very much. Now, I'll tell you about languages I have learned.

I have learned Japanese for 20 years. I like Japanese because there are some expressions for one meaning. For example, since I was little, I like to learn Kanji. When I was a primary schoolchild, I did exercises in Chinese character a lot. Recently, I think that I begin to study for a certificate examination for Chinese character. I am bad at studying terms of respect for the person, but I have to do. When I become a working member of society, I'll need to use it.

I have learned English for 8 years. Since I was a junior high school student, I began to study English. When I was a junior high school student and high school student, I liked English the best. That is why I studied English hard.

I would like to be an English teacher, so I study English at KGU. I am bad at listening to English. To improve my ability in listening English, I listen to English music. About three weeks ago, Mr. Tomei recommended us to use English Central, a site we can watch videos and practice our English. I enjoy doing it. Moreover, I study for TOEIC. I have taken TOEIC only two times. In December, I will take TOEIC, so I would like to get a good score.

I take Chinese classes and French class. Both of them are so hard for me. Pronunciation of them is so difficult. When I choose classes, I couldn’t decide whether to take Chinese or Korean easily. My father works in China and I was interested in China, so I chose the Chinese class. I began to take private lessons in Chinese from about 2 months ago. My father recommended me to go there. There, I am taught by Chinese. I want to learn Korean someday, too. I take French class on Wednesday. Last year, I took French class as a second foreign language. In addition to that, Chinese has the four tones. Even if pronunciation is collect, you take a mistake in the four tones and it is different in meaning.

These are my experiences of learning languages. I would like to master Japanese, English and Chinese and be a trilingual woman. I’ll go to the English-speaking world and China and want to get along with people there. I think that learning languages is so difficult, however, I’ll do my best. Please tell me how to learn languages if you have.




444 words

1 comment:

  1. I added revisions to Essay 2-02b, for example, I want to learn Korean, I like English the best of 4 languages. and so on...



    This is my latest essay.

    ReplyDelete