Oct 25, 2010

Essay 2-02a: My 4 languages

Learning languages is learning culture of its countries. How many languages have you learned? I have learned 4 languages by now. I like to learn languages very much. Now, I tell you about languages I have learned.

First, I have learned Japanese for 20 years. I like Japanese because there are some expressions for one meaning. Since I was little, I like to learn Kanji. When I was a primary schoolchild, I did exercises in Kanji a lot. Recently, I think that I begin to study for a certificate examination for Kanji. I am bad at studying Keigo, but I have to do. I’ll become a working member of society and need to use Keigo.

Second, I have learned English for 8 years. Since I was a junior high school student, I began to study English. When I was a junior high/ high school student, I like English the best. That is why I studied English hard. I would like to be an English teacher, so I study English at KGU. I am bad at listening to English. To improve my ability in listening English, I listen to English music. About three weeks ago, Mr. Tomei taught us English Central, a site we can watch videos and practice our English. I enjoy doing it. Moreover, I study for TOEIC. I have taken TOEIC only two times. In December, I will take TOEIC, so I would like to get a good score.

Third, I take Chinese classes and French class. When I choose classes, I couldn’t decide whether to take Chinese or Korean easily. My father works in China and I was interested in China, so I chose the Chinese class. I began to take private lessons in Chinese from about 2 months ago. My father recommended me to go there. There, I am taught by Chinese. I take French class on Wednesday. Last year, I took French class as the second foreign language. Both of them are so hard for me. Pronunciation of them is so difficult. In addition to that, Chinese has the four tones. Even if pronunciation is collect, you take a mistake in the four tones and it is different in meaning.

These are experiences of learning languages. I would like to master Japanese, English and Chinese and be a trilingual woman. Moreover, I’ll go to the English-speaking world and China and want to get along with people there. I’ll do my best. Please tell me how to learn languages if you have.


416 words

9 comments:

  1. Your dream is wonderful!!
    What language do you like the beat?

    ReplyDelete
  2. You learned four languages. I think it is wonderful.

    What language do you want to learn expect Japanese, English, Chinese and French?

    ReplyDelete
  3. Please tell me Chinese. I want to know pronunciation of my name! What language do you feel easy??

    ReplyDelete
  4. I didn't know that you're father works in China :)
    Four languages are enough to make your dreams come true ^^!
    Are you going to study another languages in the future?

    ReplyDelete
  5. why do you choose French class as the second foreign language?

    ReplyDelete
  6. You've learned four languages? I cannot believe it...
    Are you interesting in Korean too? If you are, do you want to learn it?

    ReplyDelete
  7. I want to study Chinese : )
    What languages do you like the best?

    ReplyDelete
  8. Hi, Chihiro!
    Your experiences are great!
    I think you can get a good score at TOEIC.
    Do you want to go overseas?
    If you want to go, where do you want to go?

    ReplyDelete
  9. Hi, Chihiro.
    Your learning language is very good.
    I have not ever learned Chinese.
    It is difficult for me.
    What other language do you want to learn?

    ReplyDelete