Apr 28, 2010

essay1-01b : Who am I



Dear host family,
Hello. My name is Chihiro. I am going to stay with you for 6 weeks this summer. My birthday is May 14th and I am 19 years old. I like hamburger steaks and hash and rice. Now, I go to university and study English in order to be an English teacher, so I would like to develop my skills in English and know foreign culture, life style and other things. That is why I decided to stay with you.

First of all, I tell you about my family. There are 4 members in my family, my mother, my father, my little sister and me. My father is so busy man, so he doesn't live with us. He runs restaurants in Japan and China. He goes to China every months, so he know about China well. I would like to go to China with him. My mother is a homemaker, but about 12 years ago, she was a nurse. Then she was so busy, so I felt lonely. However I respected her who was a nurse. When I was a child, I wanted to be a nurse like her. Now, she isn't a nurse, but I respect her as a woman, as a person. I want to be a person like her. My little sister is 7 years younger than I, she is 12 years old now. Our personalities are exactly the opposite, but we have no quarrel.


Second, I introduce my hobbies. My hobbies are playing the guitar, listening to music and singing songs. Shall we sing songs together? Then, I'll play the guitar. I can play the guitar, however, I don't have my guitar. I played the guitar for the first time when I was a high school student. My boyfriend taught me playing the guitar. Then I practiced with his guitar. That is why I don't have mine. I haven't played guitar since I graduated from. Now, I think about buying my guitar. I listen to music in my spare time. My favorite singers are Beyonce, Taylor Twift and BUMP OF CHICKEN and so on. Do you know BUMP OF CHICKEN? They are Japanese singers. I want you to listen to their songs.

Next, I have three part-time jobs. I work at the shop of ladies' wear, so I'm so interested in fashion. In my room, there are fashion magazines a lot. Other jobs are a private teacher and a model. I teach mathematics to a girl in high school which I graduated from. It is hard for me to teach mathematics. Moreover I belong to a model agency and take lessons twice a month. The lessons are so exciting! I belong to a model agency, but I would like to be an English teacher!

Finally, there are a few questions. I made a list of what I will bring to your home. Are there any other things that I have to bring? I worry about number of clothes. How many clothes should I bring to your home? I heard that the temperature in your country is very low in Summer. How much does the temperature go down? Next, do you have any pets? I am allergic to animals, so I am anxious about that. When I touch animals, a rash break out over my whole body and I sneeze a lot. Finally, may I ask a favor of you? I want to know information of all the members in your family before I meet you, for example, "How many members are there in your family?" "What does your family look like?"etc...Could you introduce yourselves in a reply to my letter? To be frank with you, I am so nervous because I haven't ever been to a foreign country. Please teach me a lot of things and help me when I am in trouble. I am looking forward to meeting you. See you.

Sincerely,
Chihiro

(650 words)

1 comment:

  1. Hi Chi-chan,

    Each topic in a major branch of your mind map needs to be a separate paragraph in the body of your essay. The bits of extra info. that you've lumped together in the follow-up section, "(Revision)", need to organized into separate paragraphs in the body of your essay, too.

    Cheers, PB

    ReplyDelete